Re: [tlug] Adjusting screen resolution in Debian

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com> writes:

>     Botond> If you would be a graphics board producer, would you be
>     Botond> able to sell your product that maxes out at 640x480?
>
> I sure wouldn't call it "VGA" if it didn't, and I'd make damn sure it
> supported VESA.  Wouldn't you?

I have never met a video card that doesn't support VESA (ok, I'm
young..), and what I usually do when I don't find the appropriate driver
is tell xfree86 (or xorg) that it is a vesa card. Is that unsafe? If the
card functions at 1024x780 under windows, I would think that it supports
VESA.

Evan