Re: [tlug] Adjusting screen resolution in Debian

    Botond> If you would be a graphics board producer, would you be
    Botond> able to sell your product that maxes out at 640x480?

I sure wouldn't call it "VGA" if it didn't, and I'd make damn sure it
supported VESA.  Wouldn't you?

My question still stands.  If he saw it do 1280x1024 running Windows,
then he can get the control panel to tell him what hardware, or at the
very least, what driver it is.  If he's got a manual that says it does
1280x1024, the manual should tell him, etc.  If he simply thinks it's
a 21st century card, then good luck to him; in the 21st century we
believe in implementing standards and documenting our product.

Don't we?