Re: [tlug] Something is eating my disk space

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     bruno> A sparse file is created if you do the "cat>" on all Unixes
>     bruno> FS I know, while another process is "appending"...
>
> Sure, but the problem that's relevant to Dave is the unlinked-but-
> still-open logfile that's sucking down all the space.

Agreed. My C example was just to show what is a sparse file for those
who don't know (just a "PS" in my mail).
My main point was about unlinked-but-still-open files, as you say, and
about the consequences of unfortunate "rm" (which can makes files
invisible in file system).

br.

--
GPG Key: 653514E5 (http://www.raoult.com/gpg)