Re: [tlug] Installing Windows after installing Linux

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006 13:42:17 +0900
Dave M G <martin@example.com> wrote:

> TLUG,
>
> After some looking around the 'net, I think I'm keen to try Botand's
> suggestion of using vmplayer.
>
> But it seems to cost a fair bit. Or does it? Their web site is a tragedy
> of confusing documentation, mainly hindered by all sorts of terminology
> that if one isn't already in the know, then one won't be.

I was mentioning vmware player, which is free (as in beer):
http://www.vmware.com/download/player/

The only downside is that it doesn't come with a gui tool, so you are
either left with your text editor or using third party stuff for setting
up your vm, like http://www.easyvmx.com/
But it's well worth it in my opinion.

HTH.