Re: [tlug] Installing Windows after installing Linux

Charles, Botond, Walter,

Thank you for your tips.

As it turns out, I may want to give this one a pass for the time being anyway. I tried a couple of live CDs, and the partition program that Walter recommended, and in all cases they either wouldn't work with my video card, or wouldn't detect the hard drive.

I can't use gparted or anything from within Ubuntu, because the HD is locked and I can't find any way of unlocking or unmounting it.

So basically this is becoming a process that is just adding more layers of complexity in my life. I don't really want to buy another hard drive, but this is becoming such a pain in the neck that I may have to.

Or something. I don't know. I just don't have the energy for this right now, with everything else that's not working in Ubuntu.

Forgive my whining, but that's the reason why I think I'm going to drop this thread for now.

--
Dave M G