Re: [tlug] Installing Windows after installing Linux

TLUG,

After some looking around the 'net, I think I'm keen to try Botand's suggestion of using vmplayer.

But it seems to cost a fair bit. Or does it? Their web site is a tragedy of confusing documentation, mainly hindered by all sorts of terminology that if one isn't already in the know, then one won't be.

I've downloaded a vmplayer, a VMware server beta, I think I need some kind of VMtools package, a Windows server client package (do I need it if I already have a Windows disk?), a GLX server...

It goes on and on. And I keep seeing prices mentioned. But then there's also an open source thing.

They couldn't have made it more obscure for a newbie if they had locked it in a basement with a sign on the door saying "Beware Of Tiger".

The virtual machine route seems like a promising one. Is there FLOSS software for doing this? And that has installation instructions and steps that weren't created by a diabolical madman?

--
Dave M G