Re: [tlug] Does Linux need, or have, a firewall? [SOLVED]

TLUG,

    Thank you for the explanations and advice. By understanding what I
need to achieve, I was able to more competantly approach the issue of
the Linux firewall settings.

    It turns out that I was setting openings for the ports in the wrong
part of the Firestarter interface. Once I cleared that up, my ports were
open, and I was getting proper throughput in my P2P apps.

    So it was a matter of the firewall after all.

    Thanks to everyone for helping.

--
Dave M G