Re: [tlug] Files Searches & Kubuntu

Jim wrote:

>"Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon" wrote:
>
>>xdm" - command not found
>>"gdm" - command not found
>>"kdm" - command not found
>>

>Even if you have these commands, they might not be in your path,
>so look for them with find and locate
>
>   find / -name 'foodm'
>or
>   find / -name 'foodm' | grep bin
>
>   locate foodm
>or
>   locate foodm | grep bin
>
>Remember these techniques for other searches.

Thanks.  I've saved this to my computer notes folder.  I just wiped the
slate clean on that Ubuntu box though and put Kubuntu back in.  KDE
seems very familiar again - since that's what I've been using all the
time for the past few years.  It doesn't have "Control Center" and
something like YAST though, or I missed it.  I'll go back for a look
later today.  Are packages installed only via command line with Kubuntu,
or is there a GUI way as well?

Lyle