Re: [tlug] slightly off-topic: what hard drive for a laptop

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 10:50:52 +0100 (MET), "Gunar Schnell" <glangsam@example.com>
wrote:

> ps.: if you like to recommend other HD's please go ahead. I was wondering
> about Hitachi's 80GB 2.5" HD for example.

As far as HDDs are concerned, Hitachi == IBM anyway. IBM sold their storage
activity to Hitachi about 3 or 4 years ago IIRC.

FWIW I have a Hitachi 60GB/5400rpm in my laptop. Battery life is about 4
hours (but it is only a P-II Mobile 300) and the disk is nice and quiet.

--
G. Stewart - godwin.stewart@example.com

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.