Re: [tlug] CJK Mixed in a Letter (C&K warning)

    Jim> How often is ISO 2022 used to handle "Han Unification" as
    Jim> hinted by
    Jim> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO-2022#ISO_2022_Character_Sets
    Jim> ?

    sjt> All Emacsen derived from Mule do.  A few keitei and other
    sjt> embedded systems (based on the famous Japanese OS whose name
    sjt> I've managed to temporarily forget) do.  Pretty much nobody
    sjt> else does.

I forgot to mention X Compound Text and Motif Compound Strings.  But
nobody in free software (except the Emacsen) handles those correctly
that I know of, as evidenced by quite a bit of XFree86 braindamage in
specification and implementation of Compound Text.