Re: [tlug] Linux Format magazine

Josh Glover wrote:

>http://www.tlug.jp/docs/linux-format_2006-01.txt

I've gone at the first and second paragraphs again.  Hope the following
text might be of some use!

Best regards,

Lyle

The Tokyo Linux Users Group emerged from the creative energies of a
number of Japan's Internet pioneers. In recognition of the significance
of Linux, TLUG's earliest incarnation, the "Linux Conference", was
created on June 16, 1994 on TWICS, the only public access ISP in Japan
at that time. Those pioneering early days were exciting and friendly,
with everyone helping each other learn about Linux. In September, the
first official "TLUG" meeting was held.

Over the intervening years, TLUG meetings were generally held every few
months, Tim O'Reilly and Eric S. Raymond (whose seminal "The Cathedral
and the Bazaar" was later translated by a TLUG member) joined,
ridiculous amounts of beer were consumed, a Japanese beer-hall was
almost set on fire, and most importantly, we helped each other solve
many interesting problems related to Linux and Open Source software!

TLUG has established itself as one of the foremost Internet resources
for issues related to using the Japanese language on Linux / Unix, and
is proud to count a number of field-leading figures among its members,
including: the founder of the EDICT project, the XEmacs Release Manager,
the founder of the Digital Dictionary of Buddhism, a prominent Perl
hacker, a salty NetBSD / XFree86 hacker, a GNOME hacker, the editor of
the Gentoo Weekly Newsletter, a Gentoo developer, and a legion of
knowledgeable people who have a lot of fun playing with Linux.

TLUG holds meetings every month now, alternating between technical
meetings and drinking parties. Membership (like love) doesn't cost a
thing, and everyone is welcome, even if you are not in Tokyo or even
Japan--some of our most active mailing list members live overseas--so
stop by tlug.jp anytime!