Re: [tlug] Linux Format magazine

On 26/01/06, Rebecca Smalley <rebecca.smalley@example.com> wrote:

> I attach an example of our 'User Groups' pages so you can see how the
> report might look. The 250 words can be about anything you like: when
> TLUG was set up, when and where you meet, who your members are, what
> your goals are, what kind of community/business/evangelical projects
> you are involved in if any, and so on. It can be lighthearted if you
> like (this is positively encouraged...).

Light-hearted I can handle. :)

TLUG, I posted the PDF on Hikari in case you want to take a look. At
500K, it felt a little to heavy to attach to a list mail. Za URI is:

http://www.tlug.jp/linux-format_lug-example-portland.pdf

> It's quite important that we have some pictures, too. Could you find
> two? They could show some of your members, a recent meeting, party or
> installfest, places in Tokyo where you meet, whatever you like, really.

Sure, we can come up with two.

Zev, will you please handle the choosing of the pictures? I know I
have seen a lot of TLUG photos, but I don't know where they all live,
and I feel that the President should shoulder the responsibility of
choosing the two images that best represent TLUG--maybe one should be
our über-kawaii logo?

After all, that's what it says in the "bylaws", right? ;)

> How does all that sound? I am looking for a LUG for this month, but
> there's an active LUG in Canada we are hoping to profile, too, so don't
> worry if you can't write it or get it reviewed in time for this issue
> (I'd need the report within a week).

I can get it done and submitted to you by Monday morning (your
time--Monday evening, ours). Would that be OK?

TLUG, I will post a draft as early as possible (tomorrow, GWatCdR[1])
for review.

Cheers,
Josh

[1] God Willin' and the Crick don't Rise (I was born in Appalachia; sue me) ;)