Re: [tlug] No quoted text considered inadequate

On 17/01/06, Jim <jep200404@example.com> wrote:

> > If no context is needed, don't even quote.
>
> If one is starting a new thread,
> then there is no context to refer to, so don't quote.
>
> If one is replying, (except for hijacking a thread),
> I'm hard pressed to find a good example of when it is
> appropriate to quote nothing.

I agree with Jim, here. I should not have phrased my post the way I did.

What I was trying to do was two-fold:

1. Encourage more agressive trimming.
2. Point out the reason behind quoting in the first place (i.e. to
establish context).

Jim is right when he says that when replying, you should probably
always quote *something*.

-Josh