Re: [tlug] [tlug-digest] Mozilla printing: how to set CUPS to do PS Level 2. Mozilla jp user settings.

On 31/12/05, David Riggs <dariggs@example.com> wrote:

> 1.
> The thread explains that one solution is to set CUPS to render into PS
> Level 2 before sending to printer.
>
> Thanks. But a fair about of bumbling about leaves me in the dark about
> how to do that. CUPS has me in my cups. How do I set it to render into
> PS Level 2?

I am pretty sure we explained that in the thread. Basically, start
CUPS, go to http://127.0.01:631/ in a web browser, click on printers,
then configure printer. If you are using a Postscript driver, one of
the options will be render to PS level 2. Check the archives again. If
you still have problems figuring out how to do this, let me know.

Also, did you ever tell us what distro you are using?

> 2.
> Mozilla does support about:config (typed into the browse address),
> thanks, I did not know about it. But there is no userprefs.* for
> anything. I did change print.postscript.nativefont.jp from null to EUC.
> (is that what I needed to do?)
>
> That made no difference: kanji still boxes.
>
> So, it looks like this can work, if only I knew more.
> More instructions would be much appreciated.

I do not remember the exact setting. Did you ask Google?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=firefox+printing+euc&btnG=Search

Looks like the proper value for print.postscript.nativefont.jp should
be "euc-jp".

HTH,
Josh