[tlug] [tlug-digest] Mozilla printing: how to set CUPS to do PS Level 2. Mozilla jp user settings.

 >Josh said:

 >Did you see this thread?

 >http://www.tlug.jp/ML/0511/msg00204.html

 >If the solutions detailed there do not work, Mauro and I came up with
 >another solution at work that might work for you, provided you can
 >switch from Mozilla to Firefox (or maybe Mozilla supports about:config
 >and userprefs.js as well--does anyone know?).

 >It basically involves setting your Postscript print encoding
 >(print.postscript.nativefont.ja) to EUC, IIRC. Mauro, do you remember?

1.
The thread explains that one solution is to set CUPS to render into PS
Level 2 before sending to printer.

Thanks. But a fair about of bumbling about leaves me in the dark about
how to do that. CUPS has me in my cups. How do I set it to render into
PS Level 2?

2.
Mozilla does support about:config (typed into the browse address),
thanks, I did not know about it. But there is no userprefs.* for
anything. I did change print.postscript.nativefont.jp from null to EUC.
(is that what I needed to do?)

That made no difference: kanji still boxes.

So, it looks like this can work, if only I knew more.

More instructions would be much appreciated.

David Riggs

(with further apologies to Mauro, I hope I got the name correct this time.)