Re: [tlug] Subversion (was: More Tech Meeting Torrents)

On 11/28/05, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
On 11/28/05, Ian Wells <ijw@example.com> wrote:
I see. I have never felt the need to branch a branch, and am thus
unqualified to discuss how SVN stacks up to CVS here. There is
probably some documentation on it in the SVN book--the authors were
pretty good at pointing out where SVN differed from CVS and why.

The book: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/index.html

Yeah, I have read it, and I have a printout kicking around somewhere, but  I didn't see anything relevant to why it was different in that respect.  To be fair, it's got the advantage that even though it is different, the repo-wide version numbers provide quite a bit of assistance in finding the right revision number - without -j (or a tag) in cvs, you'd never be able to find the correct ancestor for all the files.

Here it is again:

svn diff -x '-uBw' ...

I'd tried this before, and I assumed I'd misunderstood the option:

 $ svn diff -x uBw
svn: 'uBw' is not supported

This, apparently, is because my client is decrepit.  I shall have to see to that.