Re: [tlug] Heading to Akihabara

Josh Glover wrote:

On 11/28/05, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon <ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:

[snip]
give me an idea though - I wonder if it would be a good idea to have a
page at the TLUG site that focused on hardware and specific shops where
I really like this idea. Draw on the collected wisdom for a set of shops that tend to be preferred by TLUGers. Currently, I follow the 'look at as much as I can see until I fall over then just give up and choose something close by that I can remember' algorithm but
it'd be nice to have some slightly better heuristics to go by.

[snip]

Not a bad idea, but we would have to resolve any and all copyright
issues before doing that. Perhaps a better idea would be making a
custom Google Maps page for TLUG, where we could add markers,
directions, photos, etc. to help other TLUGgers find interesting stuff
in the area.
That sounds more like the implementation I was thinking would be best. Abuse errr leverage Google Maps to make a decent set of maps without having to find out how to get all the data. It'd also be kind of neat to build an interface to let TLUGers quietly vote on haunts that they like via the web. Perhaps something like a community
mapping project kind of like how Frappr! works (http://www.frappr.com/)

Here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.jmglov.net/japan/yokohama/map.html
That is a very cool setup by the way. But you need more game shops listed ;-)

Cheers,
Alain