Re: [tlug] Heading to Akihabara

On 11/28/05, Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon <ronfaxon@example.com> wrote:

> I suppose I should have asked people to respond off-list....  This does
> give me an idea though - I wonder if it would be a good idea to have a
> page at the TLUG site that focused on hardware and specific shops where
> specific items of interest have been found, including a map or two.  I
> would post my map on my own site, but as it's a screen capture of a
> commercial map, I probably shouldn't.

Not a bad idea, but we would have to resolve any and all copyright
issues before doing that. Perhaps a better idea would be making a
custom Google Maps page for TLUG, where we could add markers,
directions, photos, etc. to help other TLUGgers find interesting stuff
in the area.

Here is an example of what I mean:

http://www.jmglov.net/japan/yokohama/map.html

The best part of it is, it is all client-side JavaScript, so we don't
suck tons of bandwidth or CPU using it. :)

Cheers,
Josh