Re: [tlug] Artificially Colored Culture: Did you drink the Kool-Aid?

Jim wrote:

[BR] I don't know what Kool-Aid is

Even the feeblest of searches would give you some clue:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool-Aid
  http://www.google.com/search?hl=jp&q=Kool-Aid

In this case, Stephen was using Kool-Aid metaphorically for a shared experience.
  From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kool-Aid#Drinking_the_Kool-Aid

The phrase can also be used in the opposite sense to indicate that one has embraced a particular philosophy or perspective (a "Kool-Aid drinker"). This usage is generally limited to those in or commenting on United States politics.

He's also dating/identifying himself with such a reference.
  http://www.google.com/search?hl=jp&q=Kool-Aid+hippies
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Electric_Kool_Aid_Acid_Test
I grew up drinking Kool-Aid... so I just had a flashback to the smell and taste of the powder when mixing up a batch... never thought it actually had any meaning beyond putting toxins in the body....

Obviously, you were not on the bus, although if you remembered being on the bus, then you were not on the bus.
On the bus?  Is the train okay?  I never ride buses.....

By the way, not only is wikipedia good for Kool-Aid research, it's great for technical topics too:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO-2022-JP
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UTF-8
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_unification

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Han_unification#Check_your_browser
Great!  Thanks!  I need to Google more often....

Drink deeply!
Of that toxic Kool-Aid goop? No thanks! I'm not at all confident that my body forgives all the gallons I've already consumed....

Lyle