Re: [tlug] Free program translates Euro languages to/from English

Hi!

Maybe you mean rikai (http://www.rikai.com/perl/Home.pl)?

> That said, I guess there is not nearly as much of an issue with
> ambiguity in translating most Japanese and Chinese text -- where
> most of the text is ideograms -- as there is in translating text
> that is in a language written in a phonetic alphabet.

I think there are just different ambiguities in Japanese than in English
and other European languages, because the cultural background is
different. That is what makes Japanese hard to understand and to
translate.

--
  Michael Reinsch <mr@example.com>                      http://mr.uue.org/