Re: [tlug] PPPoe (Hikari Fiber) connection from Linux (Ubuntu)

    Uva> The nice thing about all of this is that it all appears as
    Uva> a single filesystem vice having to use separate programs
    Uva> like ftp, or ssh to view branches of separate
    Uva> filesystems. That's is one reason I prefer name spaces, I
    Uva> can grow a single filesystem to meet my needs and it all
    Uva> appears seamless.

In some sense Emacs has had this for 15 years (with ange-ftp and efs)
and today TRAMP.  While the naming is irregular (eg,
user@example.com:/path/to/file for ange-ftp or /[scp/user@example.com]/path/to/file
for TRAMP on XEmacs), you can open a directory with dired, and
effectively you have a filesystem browser in the namespace.

It's not fully seamless, and one thing that Uva doesn't mention is
that with Plan 9 you can have special files (like pipes, sockets, and
hardware drivers) on other hosts in your namespace.