Re: [tlug] Job opportunity

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 06:32:23PM +1000, Abe, Rena wrote:

>I am sorry to tell you this, but I used to work for MS in Redmond, WA.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!  Run away! Run away! ;-)

>and Alan driving golf tougher, then they pick a Sun Micro box up on the
>street, then after a while they decide not to keep it and leave it on
>the street again.

I would keep the Sun box and leave the car :-)

Speaking of which, I suppose at least some of you saw the link on /.
a week or two back where a guy stuck a Sun E450 in the back of his
car and uses it as an MP-3 player? :-p

>Yes, you are right.  I am a recruiter.  So "like me" is right.

Maybe you're missing the nuance of "like me."  There are all kinds of
recruiters. Some are like you.  Some are not.  Some of them are the
scum of the earth.  We hope they aren't like you :-)

>because I was an engineer, and he was a recruiter.  He did such a bad
>job on recruiting that I still remember him.  He did the same thing to
>me.  I was not a localization engineer, but he made me have interviews
>with localization teams.

Gee, I wonder if it was the same guy?  I don't think he was doing recruiting
8 years ago, but if it was in Tokyo, send me his name off-list and I'll
remember if it was him or not :-)

>You might think I am not that sharp because I am still sticking around,

Actually, like Josh said, the fact that you're still here and listening
to what we have to say impresses us.  You're the first recruiter
to ever survive TLUG training to this point, I think ;-)

>around, then I love to stick around to get to know you better.  Maybe I
>should start learning about Linux a bit more.

We'd be happy to help with that.  One of our members, Scott, has a whole
bunch of useful pages for Linux beginners.

>I love to join your nomikai.  Please invite me for the next nomikai.  I
>love to meet you all in near future!

They are announced on this list, and everyone is welcome.  Sadly, I'm
not in Japan anymore, or I'd show up myself.  I do miss the TLUG
nomikais.

Jonathan
--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys ACC46EF9
Key fingerprint = E52E 8153 8F37 74AF C04D  0714 364F 540E ACC4 6EF9