RE: [tlug] Job opportunity

Dear Josh san,

> Quite the opposite, really. I think I speak for most of us when I say
> that we are impressed that you seem to be taking our honest and well-
> meaning criticism to heart. Many people would have just sodded off
> after the opening salvos, but you stuck around, and stopped top-
> posting to boot. Now you just have to learn how to configure
> Jonathan's
> mailer to wrap lines... :-P

I strongly value people's honest opinions.  I have to admit it; when I
read some of your comment, I felt some pain in my stomach, but I was
once there experiencing all the bad things with a few recruiters...so I
could actually put myself in your shoes.

> Seriously, this mailing list is about Linux, but it is also about
> people. Like Steve said in his post, TLUGgers (and those we know) have
> traditionally been the cream of the hi-tech crop. Hell, we are hanging
> out on a Unix mailing list *for fun*, right? From time to time, one
> or more of us needs a job, for whatever reason. And I know that we all
> feel relieved when someone who was looking posts "Got a job, guys!"
> to the list.

I am glad to hear that I can still be around.  I think I am too busy to
be a Linux expert right now.  I just got back into my recruiting job
last month, I just got married last month, I just lost my father two
months ago, I just left my consulting firm three months ago, and I just
got my first brand new VW...lol.  I am hoping that I can help some of
you in near future.  Now, here is the note; I will tell you when I have
no jobs, and I will tell you when I have jobs to fill...fair?

> Speaking as Listmaster now, I will allow you to post job openings that
> have some relevance to the people on this list (like your previous
> posting, actually) as soon as you earn our trust. Which you
> are well on
> the way to doing. As a courtesy to me and the rest of the
> chaps on this
> list, please just run job postings by me (or Jonathan Byrne or Scott
> Robbins (if he is still alive ;), if I am not available)
> before posting
> them.

Wow!  Thank you so much for your help.  I am usually working on the
semiconductor industry, but my boss was asking me to get into more
programming clients (since two of our team members just left to go back
to their countries that I'll have to take over some of their clients.)
Wind River happened to be one of them.

> You seem a good sort, Abe-san. Stick around, get to know us, and by
> *all* means, come to a nomikai, as Jonathan suggested! :)
Nomikai will be great.  I am looking forward to meeting you face to
face!

Have a great day!

Rena