RE: [tlug] Job opportunity

Hi All,

How are you doing this?  I just finished having my very last cup of
coffee.  (I don't drink after 6pm...)

> "Kleine GTI."  It was a pretty good commercial :-)

"Kleine GTI."...I would like to know what it means also...
I am sorry to tell you this, but I used to work for MS in Redmond, WA.
Anyways, when I was there, this VW Golf's TV commercial was so popular
(the one that two guys driving golf pick a chair up from a street, then
after a while they decide not to keep the chair and leave it on the
street again.)    Back then, we had MS PR video just like VW Golf.  Bill
and Alan driving golf tougher, then they pick a Sun Micro box up on the
street, then after a while they decide not to keep it and leave it on
the street again.  Anyways, this is so irrelevant, but VW gold reminds
me of the PR video.

That's the spirit of it, anyway, and
> it ended with "like me."

Yes, you are right.  I am a recruiter.  So "like me" is right.

 But we are wary of recruiters in general because
> anyone who has been in
> IT for a while has had bad experiences with recruiters.  I
> have.  Probably everyone on
> this list has, too.

I have too.  I still remember his name.  It was about 8 years ago.  He
somehow told me to read two book; "Dig Your Well Before You Get Thirsty"
and "Rich Daddy...".  I have no idea why he told me to read those books
because I was an engineer, and he was a recruiter.  He did such a bad
job on recruiting that I still remember him.  He did the same thing to
me.  I was not a localization engineer, but he made me have interviews
with localization teams.  (Yes, I speak both Japanese and English, but I
don't do no localization.)  So I remember why you have such feeling
toward recruiters because I still remember his name.  (Those books were
okay though.)

Not just from my bad experience, but I know from deep inside of my heart
that I don't want to someone like that.  I try to keep in touch with my
candidates at least once two weeks just to say 'hi' or 'how are you
doing.'  I think this business is all about relationships.  I don't
think I am a bad recruiter, but I am still trying to be a better
recruiter everyday.  I like to try to be better everyday.  Better than
yesterday certainly feels better, yes?  Better cook, better wife, better
cleaner, better singer, better writer, and on and on...recruiting is one
them as well.  Sounds funny because I am not trying to say that I am a
good recruiter because there are so many things for me to learn, and I
am learning a lot from you all...

You might think I am not that sharp because I am still sticking around,
but I am just patient and positive.  I love to think everything
positively.

> Stick around.  Get to know us.  Let us get to know you.
> Maybe even learn a little
> Linux.  Maybe even learn a lot of Linux and quit using
> Windows :-)  I'll tell you one thing:
> a recruiter who ran Debian on her notebook and compiled her
> own kernels would get Linux
> people's attention when she showed up at meetings :-)

I have to be honest with you...I felt like I was violating this mailing
list with recruiter topics that I was thinking of leaving.  This mail
list is made for Linux topics, right?  But if it is okay for me to stick
around, then I love to stick around to get to know you better.  Maybe I
should start learning about Linux a bit more.

> Oh, yes, and come to a TLUG nomikai.  A drunk TLUGger is
> easiest to talk to :-)
> If you survive the nijikai and the sanjikai, then you're a
> real TLUGger ;-)

I love to join your nomikai.  Please invite me for the next nomikai.  I
love to meet you all in near future!

Have a great evening!

Rena