Re: [tlug] Browser blues

Josh Glover wrote:

>The nice thing that Mozilla does is caches a dynamic page the way it
>was displayed, so you can use the Back button to revisit it and view
>it without having to resubmit form data. Firefox seems to want you to
>resubmit the form data, though I am not convinced that it is really
>doing that due to load times that I have witnessed.

I've found with pages I've saved with FireFox that I can open them days,
weeks, months later exactly as I saved them (and on different computers
after transferring files and their equivalently named folders), but a
lot of stuff still tries to "call home" as it were, although - if opened
off-line - a 20 second wait or so suffices and it opens properly from
the saved data.