Re: [tlug] Browser blues

Quoth Lyle (Hiroshi) Saxon (Fri 2004-06-04 11:40:49PM +0900):

> >Are there any browsers that will cache the page and display it as it
> >was so I can look at it or even print it?
>
> Both Mozilla and Firefox will save most pages pretty much as-is

[...]

Smashing, but you rather mis-understood Steve's question. He was asking
about *caching*, which is what your browser does automatically when you
visit a web page. Take a look at Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced ->
Cache in Mozilla to see what I mean.

The nice thing that Mozilla does is caches a dynamic page the way it
was displayed, so you can use the Back button to revisit it and view
it without having to resubmit form data. Firefox seems to want you to
resubmit the form data, though I am not convinced that it is really
doing that due to load times that I have witnessed.

--
Josh Glover

Gentoo Developer (http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmglov/)
Tokyo Linux Users Group Listmaster (http://www.tlug.jp/)

GPG keyID 0xDE8A3103 (C3E4 FA9E 1E07 BBDB 6D8B  07AB 2BF1 67A1 DE8A 3103)
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DE8A3103