Re: [tlug] Re: Suse blues-progress?

On Monday 08 March 2004 05:11, Tobias Diedrich wrote:
> ps -efa | grep [c]annaserver

Do I enter
ps -efa | grep [c]annaserver  in Konsole?

I get

arenson@example.com:~> ps -efa | grep [c]annaserver
wnn       1933     1  0 10:20 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cannaserver -u wnn
-r /var/lib/canna

Sorry, not sure how to do the things you mention....

>Could you try cannastat yourself?
If it does not work as a normal user try it as root.
If it does not work as root try
"strace -econnect cannastat"

I think I had better wait and see.....the instructions are hard to
understand...(not your explanation)//just I do not know Linux....

I have saved all the posts from people trying to help, but am unsure aht to
try first and how tro "untry" if the thing suggested doesn't work.

Thanks

paul

--
Paul Arenson