[tlug] Re: Suse blues-progress?

paul arenson wrote:
> On Monday 08 March 2004 05:11, Tobias Diedrich wrote:
> > ps -efa | grep [c]annaserver

> Do I enter
> ps -efa | grep [c]annaserver  in Konsole?

Yes, all of those commands have to be input in a console (Konsole being
the KDE variant).

> arenson@example.com:~> ps -efa | grep [c]annaserver
> wnn       1933     1  0 10:20 ?        00:00:00 /usr/sbin/cannaserver -u wnn
> -r /var/lib/canna

That means cannaserver is running.

> Sorry, not sure how to do the things you mention....
>
> >Could you try cannastat yourself?
> If it does not work as a normal user try it as root.
> If it does not work as root try
> "strace -econnect cannastat"

Now the interesting thing would be to see if cannastat can connect to
it.   By writing "Could you try cannastat" I mean "Just open Konsole,
type cannastat and hit return".  It works if you get output like:

|Connected to unix
|Canna Server (Ver. 3.7)
|No clients

or

|Connected to unix
|Canna Server (Ver. 3.7)
|Total connecting clients 1
|USER_NAME   ID  NO U_CX          C_TIME   U_TIME I_TIME HOST_NAME  CLIENT
|ranma        0   0    2   Mon 8 11:55am        0        melchior(U kinput2

The latter one tells us that I am running one instance of kinput2, which
is connected to the cannaserver.

If it does not work, it will print
|Error Disconnected
or something similar.

In that case, type "strace -econnect cannastat" and hit return.
The resulting output may help us understand what is going wrong.

Repeat the same as the root user.  Use the "su" command to get
root (Enter su in Konsole, hit return, enter root password, hit return).

--
Tobias						PGP: http://9ac7e0bc.2ya.com
Be vigilant!