Re: [tlug] Missing kanji [was: japanese encoding question]

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:45:03 +0900
Larry Stanbery <lstanber@example.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 25, 2004, at 12:38  PM, David Oftedal wrote:
> > At least Unicode has all the needed kanji these days...
>
> (Carefully keeping in mind threading, etc. =)
>
> I have a question about that.  I recently was told by a Japanese
> coworker that there are some kanji, apparently derived from
> handwriting, which don't appear in the standard fonts/glyphs.

Larry I just stumbled on this page which gives you an idea of what he is
talking about. You don't need to be able to read the Japanese, just look
at the pictures :)

http://www.aozora.gr.jp/hosetsu_kijyun/0208-6.6-6.6.2.html

Brett