Re: [tlug] Missing kanji [was: japanese encoding question]

> Larry I just stumbled on this page which gives you an idea of what he is
> talking about. You don't need to be able to read the Japanese, just look
> at the pictures :)
>
> http://www.aozora.gr.jp/hosetsu_kijyun/0208-6.6-6.6.2.html

Those are interesting variations, but do they really have separate
codepoints in some encodings? Differences like these should, for most
purposes, be handled by fonts, since it would be impossible to search a
text that had one codepoint for each variation of a kanji. It would be
like the absolute opposite of Unihan, for better and for worse.

-David