Re: [tlug] Economics lessons

>You might as well assume there is a single original which costs
>hundreds of millions of $$$ to produce, which then allows an infinite
>supply of perfect copies available at zero cost.  This does little
>violence to the economics, and none at all the the ethical issues.

I don't have a problem with a company making a handsome profit for doing
something right.  In fact, in spite of a common dual enmity toward the
pair of Big-M and Big-I, it's never bothered me very much that Big-I...
wait a minute... but that's only because I don't actually know how they
conduct business!  I have direct and personal experience with some of
the ways that Microsoft conducts business, and that company is foul -
man - and if you can't comprehend that - than you had better start
Googling on the Internet for details - and I'm not talking about rumors
or ranting either.  There's sophistry - and there's truth - truth will
win out in the end, but in the meantime, how much damage will be done?
If we were talking about honest & high quality, I have no problem with
high prices.  "You get what you pay for" - sometimes - more often than
not in the Big-M's case however you get something far less than what you
are paying for.