Re: [tlug] japanese encoding question

    >> It's true that Unihan is annoying in multilingual CJK pages,
    >> but there are ways to deal with it, and they're going to be
    >> valid essentially forever.
    >>

    David> All you have to do is use some sort of tag around each
    David> segment that correctly identifies what language it's
    David> in. Then you'll be able to put specific font settings in
    David> your CSS settings. This is already implemented.

Oh, with Plane 14 tags?  Not likely, CSS doesn't know anything about
Plane 14 tags last I heard.

Furthermore, suppose I'm not using tags (eg, ReStructuredText in
Zope)?  Not to mention that the whole point of CSS (as opposed to
embedding fonts in your markup) is so that downstream can use a
stylesheet that they like, which will not necessarily allow yours to
be active.

I'm sorry, it's just not that easy.