[tlug] Re: top posting [was: im-ja: A Japanese input module for GTK2]

David Oftedal wrote:

> I'm sure different lists have different views on this though. I choose
> to believe that people actually read the topic before they read the
> mail. -.-
>
> I'll look into changing my preferences if a lot of people complain about
> this.
>
> -Dave
>
> > ps: top posting is considered a bad netiquette on this list.

I have nothing against top posting as long as I can read the message.
People on _this_ list (with proper attitude that is ;) use bottom post, so
it's polite to follow.  If you start to top post, and somone replies with a
bottom post it can get quite complicated after a few included replies, just
like this mail.
Also starting new threads is preferred not to be done via the Reply button
of your mailer.

There are complaints about top posting and other netiquette problems quite
often lately, though there is a TLUG Posting FAQ available at the website.