Re: MTRR (Was: [tlug] Notebook Question)

>>> You should probably have a doc file on MTRR on your system, take
>>> a look at:
>>>
>>> /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.4.18/mtrr.txt
>
> Don't have it. No kernel docs at all. I have read it elsewhere.

In the kernel sources, downloaded from kernel.org the docs are in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/mtrr.txt
If you are still interested I'll email you mtrr.txt from my installation.

> I have emailed Richard Gooch. If he comes up with anything interesting
> I'll pass it on. Having dmesg's buffer flooded with the one message is a
> little dysfunctional.

The Richard Gooch patches are on URL:
http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/rgooch/linux/kernel-patches.html
But I saw patches only for 2.0 and 2.2 kernels. Nothing for 2.4 :(

Can you recompile you kernel without MTRR support?

A, also MMTR FAQs: http://www.avtechtra.navy.mil/mtrrfaq.htm

 --
Big0                                  ISBN: 0060256575
gpg   --keyserver  pgp.mit.edu    --recv-keys BE40FF3E