MTRR (Was: [tlug] Notebook Question)

From: Jonathan Q <jq@example.com>
>> On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 11:31:13AM +1000, Jim Breen wrote:
>> >"dmesg" is full of lines saying:
>> >	mtrr: no more MTRRs available
>> >/var/log/messages says it was repeated 229 times.
>> >Early in the boot I see:
>> >
>> >	kernel: mtrr: v1.40 (20010327) Richard Gooch (rgooch@example.com)
>> >	kernel: mtrr: detected mtrr type: Intel
>>
>> FWIW, I've never seen a "no more MTRRs available" message, but the
>> boot messages are normal.
>>
>> You should probably have a doc file on MTRR on your system, take
>> a look at:
>>
>> /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.4.18/mtrr.txt

Don't have it. No kernel docs at all. I have read it elsewhere.

>> or whatever your kernel version is.  If you have RH 7.3 right off the
>> CD, it's probably lower.

No, that's the kernel I run. 2.4.10 came off the CD and up2date
installed 2.4.18 later.

I have emailed Richard Gooch. If he comes up with anything interesting
I'll pass it on. Having dmesg's buffer flooded with the one message is a
little dysfunctional.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298