Re: [tlug] Suse 8.0 & gnome updates

    Josh> I thought that GNOME was headed to hell in the proverbial
    Josh> handbasket.

If they'd concentrate on the "Network" "Object" "Model" and
"Environment" parts, instead of the GUI (which isn't even part of the
name, for heaven's sake!), GNOME would be a good idea.

    Josh> c) <something else, I forget. anyone remember?>

Hacking on the source.  But you don't need to actually run X for that
(except in testing, and I think with his new USB port Chris can now
grok X protocol and serialized AGP bus transactions without relying on
buggy hardware).

    Josh> All other uses are deprecated.

Non-Latin languages, document previewing, and faxes.  You simply can't
get acceptable performance for any of those on a TTY, and svgalib has
had too many secholes ;-)

Maybe Chris is using a keyboard today out of nostalgia.  }:^]