Re: [tlug] html editor :) IBM Homepage Builder

[Micheal E Cooper (Re: [tlug] html editor :) IBM Homepage Builder) writes:]
>> Yes, that is the point. The auto-recognition does not work from Opera or
>> Netscape, but it works on IE. That page is perfectly fine from IE5.5, but it
>> moji-bakes with Netscape and Opera. When I look at the setting that the
>> browser chose, it is iso-2022-jp in spite of the meta tag.
>>
>> I am not troubled because of the appearance of the page, but I really like
>> Netscape and Opera, and it bothers me that it seems to be losing to IE. I
>> thought that, with Netscape 6, I finally had a decent multi-platform browser
>> choice, one that works better than and faster than IE, but it seems that N6
>> has Japanese character set recognition problems.

I like the idea that somehow IE wins by ignoring stated code settings and
Netscape and Opera lose by following them. The concept has a Gatesian
feel to it.

Jim

--
Jim Breen  (j.breen@example.com  http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/)
Computer Science & Software Engineering,                Tel: +61 3 9905 3298