Re: [tlug] html editor :) IBM Homepage Builder

Well, here's the proof that Dreamweaver is to blame.

I made the following file in JEdit:

<head>
<title>日本語 Shift-JIS テスト</title>
</head>

これは日本語です。

I used shif-jis because JEdit does not support iso-2022-jp. I then tested
this on my home server and on my ISP, and the auto-detection worked in both
IE and N6.

http://ww6.tiki.ne.jp/~mecooper/jtest.html

Micheal E Cooper & Rie Tanaka
Nobeoka, Miyazaki, Japan