Re: networking trouble

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 07:32:12PM +0900, B0Ti wrote:
> Thomas O'Dowd wrote:
>
> > I don't think that the problem is related to your network settings. I had
> > the same problem about a year ago when I setup vmware as a test. It turned
> > out to be an option on the install script.
>
> I did run the vmware-config.pl script and changed the IP/broadcast addresses
> accordingly then I did the same under win95/network options.
> Since I can ping vmware from my desktop and laptop also I assume the script is
> running the vmware modules okay.

Hmmm? So to get things straight...

Here is my understanding of your prob:

V is on the L right.
(D refers to Desktop internal address)

D ping L? yep?
D ping V? yep?
L ping D? yep?
L ping V? yep?
V ping L? yep?
V ping D? Nope?

If it's like that then perhaps there is a firewall running on D which
stops incoming ping from the internal interface except from L's IP???

Try looking at ipchains -L or iptables -L on your desktop?

Try also looking at the arp tables on the desktop and vmware... /sbin/arp -a
should show up the relevant ip addresses if the ping is getting through.

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd. - Nooping - http://nooper.com
tom@example.com - Testing - http://nooper.co.jp/labs