Re: FreeBSD vs. Linux

Hi,

> On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 05:59:33PM +0200, Sorin Savastre wrote:
>
> > FreeBSD is very restrictive with the hardware and is not very friendly.
Huh?  If you know what you are doing, there is nothing that's non-friendly
about freebsd... feels just like any other (well, non SYSV) U*IX.  It works
great on both my current development box (a SMP Celeron 500Mhz) using
Alpha kernel code for my SB Live card, and on my 486 doing router duty,
not very restrictive either.

> > Also I don't no why standard distribution is coming with sh not bash like
> > shell.
cd /usr/ports/shells/bash2/; make; make install; make clean
It's only Linux IIRc that ships with bash as default all other comercial
UN*Xes ship csh, sh, and ksh.

--
Austin K. Kurahone
Tokyo Linux Users Group / SIGUSR1 R&D