Re: Linux distributions

Hi,

If you don't need the extra stuff that you get from buying a real distro CD, you can always get various FTP Versions from Magazines. (CDs which come with Magazines rather)
The only problem is that they tend to give you Japanese Distros, but if you don't mind, they should be okay.

Look for "Linux Magazine" "Linux Japan" "Nikkei Linux" etc. etc.
They are usually cost about 1400 yen.

Cheers
Vik

On Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:02:01 +0900
Kevin Elliott <Kevin.Elliott@example.com> wrote:

> sorry to ask so many questions.... but anyone know where I can get a cheap
> distribution of Linux? I refuse to pay NTT the extortionate download cost, and
> the distributions in Sakuraya/T-Zone are really quite expensive.
>
> Does TLUG have a CD distribution? Is there a Linux shop in Tokyo that will sell a
> distrib cheaply?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kevin

> Next Technical Meeting: November 11 (Sat) 13:30  Place: LinuxProbe Hall
> Next Nomikai (and Bonenkai!): December 15 (Fri)

Vikram Kumar
vkumar@example.com
Senior Support Engineer
NIS Team Leader