Re: hardware question : P2B and PIII 800

Well, this is more of a take your own chances kind of advice...

Theoretically is should work since the "Voltage Reglator Selection (VID) is
not needed for the Pentium II processor because it sends a VID signal
directly to the onboard power controller." - right from the Asus site.

On a P3BF board I've used a 2.0V 450P2, and a 1.65V 650P3 - it has the same
design (so I've heard) for the voltage regulator as the P2B series.

Worst it will do is fuse your CPU into molten slag. <smile>