Re: Linux distributions

Kevin Elliott (Kevin.Elliott@example.com) wrote:

> sorry to ask so many questions.... but anyone know where I can get a cheap
> distribution of Linux? I refuse to pay NTT the extortionate download cost, and
> the distributions in Sakuraya/T-Zone are really quite expensive.

The FTP edition of Red Hat 7J is around 5,000 yen or so, which is
hard to call quite expensive.  The deluxe workstation edition
is about 10,000 yen, but it includes ATOK for Linux and various
other things that don't come in the FTP edition.

Plat'home has a sort of "house brand" (Copy and Write, or something
like that) of FreeBSD and Debian, for a low price (CD only).  Maybe
other distros?

> Does TLUG have a CD distribution?

No, we don't. That would be a really big project we just aren't
set up for.

Jonathan