Re: [tlug] File-sharing (was: Books for free)

On Fri, 7 Jun 2019 at 17:44, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
> But, if I can hijack your thread to ask what people here are using
> instead of Dropbox? Either to post odd photos like this, or within work
> groups.

Not open-source or self-hosted, but for the record I use two systems
- SpiderOak for my family systems. Basically 4 systems are backed up with it
(1xLinux, 3xWindows) and a number of sets of directories are synchronized across
multiple systems. I pay about $US100pa for unlimited space. Works pretty well.
- TeamDrive as a file-sharing platform for the committee of my rowing
club. Works
quite well on Linux/Windows/Mac. Much better than DropBox in a sharing
environment.
We considered Google Drive, but didn't want to force people to have
Google accounts
or drive it through them. We use the freeby version and it's fine.

Jim

--
Jim Breen
Adjunct Snr Research Fellow, Japanese Studies Centre, Monash University