Re: [tlug] About to break down and get an iPhone

On 5/21/2009 7:06 PM, Shawn Brown wrote:
I couldn't find much info about "iWinn IME" but I did find "simeji" which
looks pretty slick.

Simeji is via the internet...

Ah, I didn't realize that.  My Japanese is still very bad.

and will be using  "iWinn IME" as Japanese input software

So Docomo reportedly will use http://www.omronsoft.co.jp/SP/mobile/iwnn/

It doesn't seem to have a retail product for mobiles though so I don't
have faith I'd be able to get in on a non-DoCoMo phone.

I spoke to a few of the people working on Android projects at the Make Tokyo Meeting this past weekend.  None of them knew of any input method applications besides these.
The Android roadmap lists an "input method framework" for Q1 09 and Japan is full of weekend hackers so I there may be a local application soon.  For now I'm going to live with English + shmeji.

Kyle
@kylehase