Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] About to break down and get an iPhone
- Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 17:03:20 +0900
- From: Edward Middleton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] About to break down and get an iPhone
- References: <49FC7B8C.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20090323)
Josh Glover wrote: > Dave M G wrote: > >> When the iPhone came out, I didn't get it because I think Apple is evil >> and I figured I could wait for some kind of Android/gPhone to hit the >> market. >> > > .. if you think Apple is evil (and I don't; I think they have a good > business model and they are more up-front about their lock-in effects > than MS was back in the Bad Old Days), .. > Apple reserves the right to prohibit third party software from running on their machines. i.e. if your software product competes with an Apple product or conflicts with their business interests they reserve the right to deny you the means to sell it. Thats goes a lot further then Microsoft. This is a worry because they are designed to displace desktop computing. Edward
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: Re: [tlug] Anyone else using Anthy for Japanese input?
- Next by Date: Re: [tlug] Anyone else using Anthy for Japanese input?
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] About to break down and get an iPhone
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] About to break down and get an iPhone
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links