Re: [tlug] Testing email functions within PHP on my local machine

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 19:33:04 +0900, "Dave Gutteridge"
<ebisudave@example.com> wrote:

> I tried looking it up on the net, but the information, like in this
> web site:
> http://www.go2linux.org/node/35
> ... is getting deep. There's all this talk of other files, like
> /etc/mail/authinfo, which I don't have.

The default build provided by RH is probably not sufficient.

If your ISP requires authentication then you need to rebuild sendmail
with libsasl2 support and you need to provide the login and password
used, as well as the authentication mechanisms supported, in that
authinfo file.

It may seem daunting at first but it isn't that bad. Proceed with
google, trial and error. Once you've got it down pat you'll wonder what
all the fuss was about.

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

'Palladium' is an answer to a question no one asked.
You want safety, trusted code and no viruses? Get Linux.