Re: [tlug] Testing email functions within PHP on my local machine

On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 17:25:47 +0900, "Dave Gutteridge"
<ebisudave@example.com> wrote:

> Is there anything I can do to make sure my local machine is getting
> the messages sent?

If the mail in question has to go through the Internet to reach its
destination then the chances are that it's being rejected by the
recipient MX (direct-to-mx from a residential connection).

Set your local copy of sendmail to smarthost through your ISP's mail
server.

DSname.of.smarthost

...in your sendmail.cf

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

And 1.1.81 is officially BugFree(tm), so if you receive any bug-reports
on it, you know they are just evil lies.
        -- Linus Torvalds