Re: [tlug] Giving a program priority briefly

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

I would guess you would start to run into problems if you tried to
scale this process into a team larger than 5 programmer members.

Actually, I've scaled it up to eight with no problems. It could go further.

But twenty, hmm. I'd be nervous about that.

On the other hand, what do I know? If you'd asked me whether or not
you could create a pretty darn solid and sophisticated OS kernel by
recruiting several hundred random not-so-sophisticated programmers
spread across the globe and letting them have at it in their spare time,
well, I wouldn't have had a lot of hope for the result.

cjs