Re: [tlug] Giving a program priority briefly

On 6/10/07, Darren Cook <darren@example.com> wrote:
My question/problem is that the three benchmarks often give different
timings, and the timings vary between runs. It seems roughly related to
system load. When "w" tells me system load is higher the benchmark runs
slightly slower. (And the variation between the three benchmarks of a
single run is less than between runs under different system load.)

You said that it seems roughly related to system load so I think if you can run you test on a machine that has only 1 user ( you ), no network and no other factors that can affect your ram usage and cpu usage ( you can check it with top, observe what is going down and up ).

If 3 tests is not  enough then we can run 30 test ~ 2.5 munites, or
large number of sampling.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu